Take a look at the top improvements that can help increase your home’s resale value.
1. Kitchens – Time to replace those rusty countertops with a clean look!
2. Bathrooms – Modernize the restroom with some bright tiled floors!
3. Curb Appeal– The exterior is the first impression – Dress to Impress!
4. Roofs and Windows – No one likes an old roof. Improving these assets insures a safer home!
These home enhancements can quickly turn people away from your home…
1. Color Enthusia – Even though ‘every color’ might be your favorite color (like myself), this doesn’t mean they all belong in every room.
2. Swimming Pool – Many potential buyers with young children see pools as a safety hazard. ‘nuff said.
3. Garage Conversion – Maybe you want a place to get the old band started again – don’t do it! Not only will your neighbors hate you, but many buyers actually like having garages.
4. DIY Home Improvements – Unless you really know what you’re doing, you should probably hire someone to install a new feature into your home. Many home inspectors will be able to immediately differentiate between a professional job versus a home project.
Overall…Be thoughtful with your home improvements – and be sure it really is an improvement if your wish is to add to your resale value!
When in doubt…
Give me a shout out…
Laurie Woolner, Realtor
No one will work harder or smarter for you.